Friday, October 30, 2009

A Short Word on Music

Today I sat in class and heard Tom Wait's "Whistle Down the Wind" so clearly in my head it was as if I were listening to the song through speakers in the room. Sometimes the power and beauty of music can totally surprise me, despite the extensive time and effort I have spent studying it. It continues to amaze me that music can have such a profound effect on our lives, controlling situations, moods, or even actions. I could not wait to leave my classroom and let the actual song play to me, and it was a familiar urge to wish I could sit alone for hours and immerse myself in the beauty of songs and music. I couldn't let a feeling like this pass without posting some sort of emotion that was triggered inside of me, and I guess that emotion was the purest sense of innocence, beauty, and love.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post. Thank you for writing down the thing I have never been able to put in words.

    ReplyDelete